Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Price Group Playlist

Can you think of a better way to get to know someone other than asking about their taste in music? 

Well, there are probably better ways - but we think this is more fun. 

So this week, the Groupies were challenged to pick a song to contribute to an "office playlist". The prompt was vague but the outcome was pretty great. However, they did insist on giving us their rationale.

So we'd like to present to you...
The Price Group Playlist 
Natalia
Hello Say 
You Say Me
Ballerina Girl - Lionel Richie
"Choosing just one Lionel Richie song was tough, but the one I'm listening to the most these days is Ballerina Girl. I sing it to my daughter".
David
Layla - Eric Clapton
"Layla was the coolest song when I was a teenager...I always wanted to play it and never did - but I still loved listening to it. Eric Clapton is out of this world!!!" 
Rebecca
Dark Horses - Switchfoot
"I just love Switchfoot - the sound and the message. I chose this song because the sound matched how I felt in the moment - kinda sassy. Plus who doesn't like a song about the underdog stretching their wings?"
Crystal
This Year’s Love - David Gray
"I am a huge fan of David Gray and the song has personal meaning to me".
Jared
I have been a Fire - Luke Sital-Singh 
"song of the week"
Brooke
Stand by Me - Ben E. King
"It's a classic. Plus I know all of the words - which is a rarity". 
Melissa
Shatter Me - Lindsey Stirling ft. Izzy Hale
"I like how classical meets rock". 
Mike
Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy
"For as long as I've known about the piece, I always thought it was beautiful. It's soothing, richly orchestrated (although originally written for piano, I prefer the orchestral arrangements) and I think a perfect example of turn of the 20th century music - which also happens to one of my favorite periods of art. It keeps me mellow when things get crazy".
Amanda
End of Summer - Theory of a Deadman
"I like what the lyrics stood for (what they represent)". 
Annalee
Black Cadillacs - Modest Mouse 
"…yep".
Pam
“I love to listen to Christian music on K-LOVE!!”
Scott
Kick out the Jams - MC5
"If you need to get the excitement level up, this is the song you listen to. It's raw, sloppy, and full of electricity. It's what rock n roll is supposed to be". 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo35O1AJOfg)

Please enjoy some tunes (on us) and keep rollin’ through your week!

-The Price Group



No comments:

Post a Comment