Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Linc's Tale - First United Timeline




Linc's Tale 
This week Linc, our squirrel loving mascot, interviewed Mike Meister on one of his favorite projects. 


Linc: What was one of your favorite projects that you have done recently and who was the client?
Mike: The timeline wall for First United Bank.

Linc: Tell me a little about the project?
Mike: It was basically showing the history of First United Bank.

Linc: What did you like most about this project?
Mike: It was like a museum installation, it was something different, and the final result was pretty cool.

Linc: Did you have any challenges? 
Mike: Oh yes, there were a few challenges throughout this project, I was working with a couple of different vendors and coordinating all of the elements was a little tricky to get everything to fit on the 2 walls. Also, the cutout type was tricky to get what I wanted it to do and I had to figure out how to attach the other metal type (the dates) to the metal bar. Another challenge was trying to make everything look organic and interesting throughout the walls, it made me have to use every part of my brain but ended up looking good.

Linc: What tools did you use to create this project?
Mike: Adobe Creative Suits, but Illustrator was the main one I used to create all 45 plaques and all of the dyes. I also had to use hot glue and epoxy for the letters and numbers.

Linc: How long did it take to complete this project? 
Mike: At least 7 months, April thru November.


Linc: Is there anything you would have changed after seeing the final project? 
Mike: Hmmm I don't think so, at first my original design was a little different but after collaborating with the other designers, I think it turned out just about right for the room and for what the client and interior designer wanted.




No comments:

Post a Comment